8 wooden skewers
800g ling fish fillets, cut into cubes (2.5cm/1 inch square)
4 fresh vegies (eg button mushrooms, capsicum, zucchini, red onion), cut into cubes (2.5cm/1 inch square)
8 cherry tomatoes
1 cup instant couscous
1/4 cup of chopped parsley and sesame seeds (to garnish)
salt and pepper to taste
150ml soy sauce
1 teaspoon of fish sauce
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoons of brown sugar
2 teaspoons grated ginger
two drops of sesame oil
2 small red chillies, finely chopped (optional)
juice of one lime or lemon
2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander
1. Put together your fish skewers, alternating the cubes of fish, vegetables and the cherry tomatoes evenly between the 8 skewers.
2. In a small jug, mix together the sauce ingredients.
3. Put fish skewers in a shallow dish and pour over the sauce. Put the dish in the fridge for one hour.
4. Meanwhile, cook the couscous in water with a squeeze of lemon, according to the packet directions.
5. Cook fish skewers on a very hot BBQ or frying pan for 1 minute. Turn over and cook for another minute or until cooked.
6. To serve: place the fish skewers on each plate of couscous. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.