- Olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 rashers of bacon, diced
- Big bunch of spinach (with stalks removed, well washed and chopped )
- 1 x 200g chunk of feta cheese, diced
- into 2cm cubes
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- pepper and a pinch of salt
- a dash of dried chilli or paprika (if desired)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (for sprinkling on top just before you cook it)
1. Preheat oven to 250˚C.
2. Gently fry the onion, garlic and bacon in a little olive oil. When cooked, remove from the frypan and place in a large bowl.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients, except the parmesan, to the bowl, and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a greased flan, lasagna or baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes until cooked – the eggs should be set and the top should be nicely brown.
5. It’s delicious, so enjoy with fresh greens.