PURPOSE OF THE INTERVIEW
The interview gives you and the employer the opportunity to discuss your interest in, and ability to, undertake the job.
- An opportunity to convince the employer of your potential as an employee.
- An opportunity to find out more about the job you want and about the employer and his or her company.
For the employer:
- A means of assessing your abilities.
- An opportunity to discuss your training, experience, knowledge and abilities.
- An opportunity to assess your behaviour and to determine your suitability for the job that is available.
- An opportunity to amplify the information in your application form or resume.
Employers are usually interested in the following (depending on the job you are seeking):
- Your personal presentation.
- Your career plans.
- Your ability to communicate.
- Evidence that you prepared for the interview.
- An indication that you have set objectives for yourself.
- Your degree of maturity and your desire to take on responsibility.
- Your ability to solve problems.
- Your ability to think logically.